Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Virus of Fear and Greed

The blessing of the LORD brings wealth, and he adds no trouble to it.
Proverbs 10:22

But you shall remember the Lord your God, for it is He who is giving you power to make wealth, that He may confirm His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.
Duet 8:18

It is a struggle these days to think about business without being either afraid or greedy. One moment I am surrounded by the giants of fear and uncertainty and the next I am rubbing my hands like Silas Marner, drunk with the potential of future gain.

At its most viral state, fear quenches greed and greed fear. Where do I find rest?

A wise old man told me once that you become what you look at. How then, does one weave the meditations of "God as source" into every action or thought concerning business? Otherwise the one activity that consumes most of my day--the making of provender--will consume me!

Offering my sweat as a sacrifice? Surrendering my efforts hourly? Putting up scripture in my truck to remind me where the power comes from? Giving away my money?

Your comments welcome!

More on this later.

No comments: