Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Story Time

My kids are always asking for stories.  You know, the famous "tell a story about when you were a kid" kinda stories.  Well, now I will get my revenge.  I asked the older kids to write stories that I will publish. This is the "tease." Look here for more stories as the weeks progress and I train both myself and my kids in this area! 

Our first story is based on the following sentence I threw at them months ago:

The fat elephant sat on a fence
Josiah and Turner Joy both responded with creative stories based on this silly theme.  Before you read theirs, however, you must suffer through my own response:

Sven, the famous jello making pachyderm from Naples, escaped the drudgery of his whirlwind tour to America by visiting the curious town of Pico Rivera.  Chance brought him to our street and calamity delivered him to my front door.  I opened that door to find him attempting to rest himself on my fine fence.
I know that it may be shocking to you that an elephant is loose in the area (especially a jello making one), but be calm--this is not the end of the story.  Look here for more episodes of Sven and more importantly, of Josiah and Turner Joy's installments!





No comments: