Wednesday, February 16, 2011

6 Year Old Logic

3 year old Zachariah climbs in my lap, turns around and hangs upside down with his head on the floor.
Havilah: "Dad, can you tell him to move so I can do that?" (He has a good idea and I want to do it)
Dad: "But He just got here."
Havilah: "I want a turn." (It doesn't matter, I'm older and a girl and I should be there anyway)
Zachariah: "Hava, look at me." (Neaner, neaner--I'm under Dad's protection)
Havilah (scooting halfway into my lap): "Make room for me, Zach!" (I'm going to be close to Dad, anyway I can)
Dad: "Don't sit on his leg!  Here both of you come into my lap." (Pulling Zach back up).
Zach (taking up most of my lap): "Hi Hava!"
Havilah: "Dad said you have to go to bed!" (referring to something I told both of them to do earlier)
Zach: "No!"
Dad (using the tickle attack weapon): "Right now I need to love both of you!  And then you can both go to bed."
Havilah: "See, you have to go to bed!"

No comments: